Yields: 1 gallon
- 4 pounds Napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound Korean radish, cut into 1-inch pieces (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup kimchi seasoning
- 1 cup stock
- Cut the cabbage into 1-inch pieces and put them into large bowl
- Dissolve kosher salt in the water, and pour it over the cabbage. Using your hands, mix well. Allow mixture to sit for 4-5 hours at room temperature, tossing it from time to time.
- Discard the liquid that has leaked out of the cabbage and wash cabbage in water twice and drain well.
- Put washed and drained cabbages back into large bowl, add radish and sea salt and mix well with kimchi seasoning using your hand (wearing gloves is recommended) and pack tightly into a glass jar or plastic container. The kimchi must be covered with liquid while it ferments. If more liquid is needed, add water to the mixing bowl to get any remaining kimchi seasoning. Keep at room temperature for 1-2 days, and then keep in refrigerator.