This recipe is very easy to follow and once this seasoning is made, keep frozen to conveniently make kimchi. Divide seasoning into 1 cup batches for easy use.
- 7 cups
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom stock or water
- 4 tablespoons sweet rice flour
- 1 cup pear puree (any kind of sweet and soft pear), 7 oz
- 1 cup onion puree (white or yellow onion), 7 oz
- 1/2 cup Korean radish puree (3 1/2 oz)
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 cups dried red chili pepper (coarsely ground without seeds)
- 3/4 cup garlic, minced or food processed (5 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- In a small pot, combine water and sweet rice flour. Mix well over medium heat, bringing the mixture to boil. Keep stirring with whisk until it turns into porridge (about 3-5 min). Pour into medium bowl and cool.
- In medium bowl, combine pureed pear, onion, radish, and apple juice, cooled sweet rice porridge and red pepper, and then mix until well blended. Let it sit for approx 10 min
- Add garlic, ginger, salt and stock or water to the mixture